Alejandro V. - May 5, 2017 @ 14:48
We’ve been with TotalProtect for a number of years now and I’m satisfied. They already know who I am from my previous calls when I call the number they provided when filing for a claim. Someone answers and I explain to them the problem. The techs were professionals.
Sandra - April 30, 2017 @ 22:33
Total Protection was somewhat decent, apparently they are under Home Sure Services Inc. and customer service is handled by Cross Country Home Services. This call center is a nightmare, poor quality customer service. Been a customer since 2009 and the few times I had to call, services were rendered within reason. This time they send a technician who apparently ordered incorrect part, then proceeded to do temporary repairs without my consent or the authorization of the company whom I pay a premium to each month. Technician drilled 2 holes into my dryer and put a black wire tie on it damaging my dryer further. Original part on back order for 10 weeks, totally unacceptable. Save your money and only buy warranties from the store that sells you the product. File a complaint with the Customer Protection Agency in your state. Apparently lots of complaints on file.
Ziad Ajwa - March 28, 2017 @ 01:17
Lousy company. I pay the premium every month and the one time my account quits the used loop holes to tell me my problem is not covered in the policy. A leak in the line is not covered. Go figure. First they send this Yahoo repair guy from TC heating and cooling which by the way stay as far from them as possible. Collected$100 deductable and left. Told me to call his company to schedule a repair appointment. I asked why and the owner to me to go with someone else after he took my money. Thieves in my book. Worst warrenty company and their repair people are the worst. Stay away
Andrew - August 30, 2016 @ 18:06
I made three service calls on my dishwasher in the past 6 months, (the last I canceled along with my contract).
The first tech. that came out said I needed a new dishwasher, he was overridden and a second tech came out and ordered parts. Please note it takes at least a week for the Tech to show up, another week for the parts, then possible another week for the Tech to come back and install the parts.
Six months at $41 a month, plus $65 deductible each service trip equals about $440.00.
I just bought a new dishwasher for $443.00.
But the actual cost was $883.00!!!
I did cancel the last service call so you can deduct $65 from the cost.
Amber Taylor - August 30, 2016 @ 18:06
I have TotalProtect for at least four years now and everything that I needed was with them. I’ve had good experience with all of the claims I filed. I’ve used the warranty for the air conditioner, microwave and garage door opener, and I’ve been satisfied with everything. When the air conditioner was out the last time, I delayed calling and then it really got hot. Consequently, I was not on the top of the list but it was the only negative thing.
Albertha Coller - August 30, 2016 @ 18:05
My condenser/compressor was serviced on 7/25/16 by Advance A/C and left operating with the caveat that it could fail at any time. One hour later it failed. Here it is 8/3/16 and I have no idea when it will be repaired. After days of “research” I was informed by Total Protect customer service that the replacement parts would ship and arrive on the 29th. Then I was informed it would arrive on 8/1/16. I’m still waiting, have bought two room a/c to survive.
1. Total Protect declined to buy the replacement parts from Advance to save its money.
2. Total Protect purchased the parts from Lennox, probably in Florida, to save its money.
3. Total Protect must have paid to have the parts shipped via slow boat to China.
4. Total Protect protects only itself.
It would have been less costly and more efficient for self insuring my own repairs.
Alexandra - August 30, 2016 @ 18:04
After paying claims for many years (12+) and one minor claim filed, I called Total Protect to see why my air was not cooling. They sent someone who added coolant and cleaned the coils (which I had to pay extra for). The air was still not cooling below 78 degrees and they came a second time, adding more coolant. When I called the company to complain my unit was not fixed, I was told I would have to pay another deductible. When asked why (for the same problem) I was told to talk with the AC guy to who came out. I called, phone went to voice mail; I left a message. After calling 3 other times and leaving messages, I am still waiting for him to call back. I called the insurance again and asked for a supervisor and was told someone would call in 24 hours. After a week I called again and now two weeks later, I’m still waiting. I have cancelled my contract and will tell anyone who will listen, not to contract with Total Protect. They will not return phone calls or give any kind of response . Worse company I have ever dealt with.
Aisha Sivers - August 30, 2016 @ 18:04
LOUSY COMPANY!! !
Our A/C unit went out two days after our warranty was in effect. Called Solar Mechanical Works as my claim told me to. They had an un professional lay person come and diagnose the issue with a screw driver in hand, as a broken compressor because of free-on leakage. The cost would be nearly $2,000. He took my $125.00 and did not leave a receipt of any kind. TotalProtect refused to cover it because they said the leakage was a pre exsisting condition.
We called another company, they came out with testing equipment and said there was NO free-on leakage and the compressor was working just fine. All it was was a broken wire that was replaced for $138.00 including labor!!!!!!!
I WANT MY $125.00 REFUNDED NOW!!!!!
LOUSY COMPANY ALONG WITH THEIR REPAIR COMPANY!!!!!!!
Aaron Kupfer - August 30, 2016 @ 18:03
We had been insured since July 2012.
(1) Our cook top (30″ GE profile with downdraft) broke down in January, 2016.
(2) Total Protection sent us Sears Repair Services three times; tried to fix it; but couldn’t fix it because a part was no longer available. That was early April.
(3) Total Protection says, “If we can’t fix it, we’ll replace it with an equivalent item.” But they left it doing nothing for a month.
(4) After our repeated calls, Total Protection told us on May 14 that they would want to replace it with GE Profile PP9830DJBB.
(5) Total Protection told us, “This model should fit; but you must confirm it. If it does not fit after delivery and is returned, we’ll charge you a re-stocking fee.”
(6) We told them, “We are not an expert and can’t confirm it. A professional installer should come and judge it.”
(7) They gave us a telephone number of Mid-Eastern Appliances of Baltimore. We called and a technician came on May 18. He measured the cook top dimensions and told that the model should fit. We asked him, “Are you going to install it?” He said, “No! They won’t pay.”
(8) Total Protection told us, “GE shall deliver a cook top unit on May 25 and Alpha Appliance of Baltimore shall install it on May 26.”
(9) On May 25, GE came 3 hours earlier than the scheduled time. They didn’t drive up to our house; parked the truck on the public road; walked up to the house; measured the cook top dimensions; told us the model won’t fit; and drove away.
(10) On May 26, nobody came because Alpha Appliance of Baltimore was closed and did not exist!!!
(11) Total Protection proposed to offer us $866, but it’s too low. If we do it, it would cost us ~$1,800.
(12) We want Total Protection to replace it since they say they can do it with $866 or whatever.
(13) It is not replaced by this date of August 26, 2016.
Elizabeth Passow - August 30, 2016 @ 18:03
I love TotalProtect. I call and tell them what is going on when I have a claim and they would call whatever company they go with. The contractor always calls within a reasonable amount of time and then we set up the appointment. The process is simple. Everybody is friendly and does the job fine
© 2016 Top 3 Home Warranty Reviews